Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
The Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® credential recognizes your knowledge of agile principles, practices, tools, and techniques across agile methodologies.
Over the last several years, project managers’ use of agile approaches has risen, increasing the demand for such expertise. Research suggests that using agile methodologies decreases product defects, improves team productivity, and increases delivery of business value. You can apply for the certification if you have experience working on agile project teams.
PMI-ACP certification is ideal for practitioners who:
• Use agile practices in their projects
• Work in organizations that have adopted or are planning to adopt agile approaches to project management
• Want to demonstrate their level of professionalism in agile practices of project management
• Want to increase their professional versatility in both waterfall and agile techniques
• Seek to hold a credible certification
We will cover all 7 Agile knowledge domains and underlying task areas:
1. Agile Principles and Mindset
2. Value-Driven Delivery
3. Stakeholder Engagement
4. Team Performance Practices
5. Adaptive Planning
6. Problem Detection and Resolution
7. Continuous Improvement
- Interactive classroom training sessions.
- Practice for the exam with sample questions and exercises
- Learn from an expert Project Management Trainer
- Get 21 Contact Hours PDU certificate
- Case studies in the training session
- Help with PMI-ACP Exam Application Process
- Global Approvals and Accreditation
- Convenient classroom and online courses
- Review relevant topics in the PMI suggested reference materials
- Navigate the tools, techniques, knowledge, and skills addressed in the exam
- 2,000 hours of general project experience working on teams. A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP.
- 1,500 hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies. This requirement is in addition to the 2,000 hours of general project experience.
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the CAPM Certification Examination?
The CAPM examination is comprised of 150 mutually-exclusive, four-option, multiple-choice questions. The exam is designed to test for an understanding of how to apply project management practices to achieve project objectives.
2. What are the education or work experience requirements needed?
Candidates must complete the verification section of the online application to apply to take the CAPM Exam. There are two sets of experience requirements. Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent) And 1,500 hours of project experience Or 23 hours of project management education completed by the time you sit for the exam
4. How many hours of study time are necessary to pass the exam?
The exact amount of time varies depending on individual learning styles and comfort level. Generally students should expect to spend around 20-40 hours studying in addition to the time spent in the classroom.
5. What study materials are needed to prepare for the exam?
We provide complete course materials to our CAPM Certification Preparation students. Besides hundreds of pages of useful information, study aids, and references, students in our classes also receive a 90-day subscription to our online simulation of the CAPM exam with over 500 practice test questions. Students are encouraged to purchase the current edition of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge®, available at the PMI Bookstore or other retailers. PMI Members have access to a free e-copy of the PMBOK® Guide online that may be downloaded and printed. (Note that the entire document is over 600 pages.) Sample exam questions and suggested reading are also available on the PMI web site.
6. How many questions are asked in the CAPM exam?
The CAPM examination is comprised of 150 mutually-exclusive, four-option, multiple-choice questions.
7. How can candidates apply to sit for the exam?
Candidates must complete an application. Candidates are encouraged to apply online at pmi.org. Once started, the application may not be cancelled but may be saved unfinished. It will remain open for 90 days.
8. What is the 100% Guarantee To Pass?
If you follow our instructions, and attend all days of class, We Guarantee you will pass your exam. Simple, straightforward, no hoops to jump through. If you fail the exam 3 times, we will refund your tuition.
9. How long does it take for PMI to process the application?
Online applications are typically processed within five business days. Individual applications submitted by mail take approximately 10 business days. Corporate applications submitted by mail take 20 business days. Once the application and fee have been processed, PMI will electronically send the Examination Scheduling Instructions, confirming that the applicant is eligible to take the exam. Eligibility is good for one year from the day that the application was approved. The exam may be taken three times within the eligibility period should applicants not pass on the first attempt.
10. How do candidates schedule time to sit for the exam?
Once eligible to take the exam, the examination scheduling instructions received from PMI will instruct the applicant to contact Prometric at www.prometric.com to select a date and location for taking the exam. The PMP exam is a computer-based exam and may be scheduled by applicants at any time available at any of the Prometric sites. Information about site locations and scheduling may be found at Prometric’s website. Select the “Professional Licensure and Certification” for test type and “Project Management Institute” for testing program.
11. What if a candidate has to cancel after scheduling the exam?
You may reschedule or cancel your exam if done at least two full days prior to your exam date. However, canceling or rescheduling the exam within 30 days of a scheduled exam date will incur a rescheduling fee. Be sure to confirm the cancellation/rescheduling guidelines with Prometric when scheduling the exam.
12. What if candidates do not pass the exam?
Candidates who do not pass the exam may retake the exam two more times for a total of three times within one year of application approval. If candidates are not able to pass the CAPM certification exam within their one-year eligibility period, they must wait one year from the date of the last attempt to reapply for the CAPM credential. Applicants who chose to apply for a different PMI credential, such as the PMI-ACP, may do so at any time.
13. What if I need to retake the CAPM Certification Preparation class?
We are committed to helping you pass the CAPM Certification exam the first time. If you take one of our public CAPM Certification Prep classes and don’t pass the exam, or if you were unable to take the exam after attending a class for some reason and need to retake the class as a refresher, you may register for an upcoming public CAPM Certification Prep class free of charge Students retaking the class must bring their original course materials. If you have lost your course materials, or if the course version has changed since you last took the class, you can purchase new course materials for only $150.