Fundamental Project Management Course
Project Management is all about the effective management of resources and can benefit an organization in many ways because it provides a systematic approach to managing and controlling different types of projects and different types of change.
Unlike the PMP certification there is no additional work experience required to attend this training.
Who Should Attend?
All entry level project practitioners who aim to be project managers and would like to distinguish themselves in an increasingly competitive job market.
Active project managers who would like to eventually pursue their PMP credential.
Anyone who would like to learn the fundamentals and terminology of project management.
- Need for effective project management
- Projects vs Operations Management
- Understanding organization Vision, Mission, Goals and objectives
- Relationships Among Portfolio Management, Program Management, Project Management, and Organizational Project Management
- Relationship Between Project Management, Operations Management, and Organizational Strategy
- Understanding Organization Business Value
- Understanding how projects links to Operation Management for value delivery
- Roles and Responsibility of Project Manager
- Roles and Responsibility of Project Management office (PMO)
- Organizational Structures (Functional, Matrix, Projectized) Influences on Project Management
- Organizational Process Assets
- Enterprise Environmental Factors Influences on Project Management
- Who are Project Stakeholders?
- Key Roles of Project Governance Board and why it is required for effective Project Management
- Project Life-cycle vs Product Life-cycle
- What are project constraints and how this impact project value delivery for every project you start
- What are project deliverables and the concept of Input, Tools & Techniques and the output to produce project deliverables
- Understanding Phase Gate concept in project management
- Introduction to project management processes and Process Groups to perform project work
- Concept of Project Cost Baseline and Identify elements of the cost baseline. Identify distinctions between estimating costs and determining the budget.
- Developing and understanding the elements of Project Charter
- What is Project Scope and Requirement Elicitation, Requirement tractability matrix’s
- Developing a Project Scope Statement to avoid scope creep and understanding the concept of WBS (Work breakdown Structure) — what it is, how it works and ways to use it to consolidate and prioritize tasks.
- Identify the characteristics of the work package
- How to Define Project Activities and Task
- Understanding Dependencies among task and type of dependencies
- Project Estimation techniques such as PERT, Analogous, Parametric, etc.
- Estimating Activity Duration, Cost and Resources
- Understanding Project Critical Path and its importance in project management
- Gain practical experience in drawing a project network diagram using activity on node method to arrive at Critical Path
- Develop skills in undertaking Critical Path analysis
- Develop practical skills to do forward pass to calculate early times
- Develop practical skills to do backward pass to calculate late times
- Identifying project slack or float, Lead and Lag, Reserve or Buffer management
- How to baseline project plan and Understanding Schedule compression techniques and Optimization techniques, that can be used in the project
- Introduction to Project Performance Management
- Understanding Earned Value Management Concept for performance evaluation and how it is used for Communicating project performance
- GANTT charts and Critical paths : two scheduling tools to help you spot potential conflicts and fine-tune your schedule
- Using MS Project – scheduling tool, how you can do Project Dashboard reporting. Develop GANTT and know the Critical path of the project
- Understanding Project communication management and Information distribution methodology
- Project Manager and Human Resource Management activity
- What are Project Risks. Known Unknown v/s Unknown Unknown Risks
- How to Analyze Project Risk for Effective Risk Response Planning
- Why Risk should be an Agenda Item in every Project Status and Phase-Gate review meetings
- Categorize strategies for negative risks, positive risks, and for all risks
- Performing a Stakeholder Analysis using Various Analytical Techniques
- What are engagement metrics
- Stakeholder engagement planning
- Stakeholder engagement tools and techniques
- Conclusion to Project Fundamental training and Way forward for successfully implementing Project management
Experienced Trainers conducting the Instructor-led course .
You will receive 16 contact hours (PMI – PDUs) for attending this training.
Addon Skills curated study material designed by PMP®, PgMP® and PfMP® industry experts explaining the key concepts, terms, and principals necessary to understand fundamentals of Project Management.
Concepts explained using real-world examples.
- Understand the concpt of projest and project management
- Understand importants of Business documents
- Understand Project Contraints and management of tese constraints
- Understand why projects are impotant for organizations and how they help achieve organization objectives
- Understand Importance of Organization process assets and Enterprise Environmental Factors
- Understand what is the concept of knowledge areas and role of project manager in managing each knowledge area
- Understand difference between project life-cycle and project management process groups
- Understand Project management processes and ITTO (Input, Tools & Techniques, Out)
- Understand concept of phase-gate review and project governance for successful project delivery
- Understand various roles and responsibilities envolve in project management
- Understand change management and Issue management concept
- Understand relation between project management and operation management